The Value of Predictive Targeting & Direct MailJanuary 05, 2018
At Reach, we specialize in direct mail marketing and consumer targeting analysis. It’s what we do.
One of the common problems in direct mail, like with many marketing tactics, is that senders aren’t accurate enough with their targeting to make campaigns successful. Mailing people unlikely to respond or make a purchase is very costly and hinders marketing success, as loose targeting significantly inflates channel costs per sale.
Recently, we thought it would be interesting to do a survey of mailers employees receive as a ‘gut-check’ estimate of mail targeting accuracy. For the survey, we collected thousands of direct mails that employees received for quantitative analysis, regarding how accurately the mail was addressed, and followed up with some qualitative questions to see how employees felt the direct mail influenced their behavior and purchase decisions.
The results were pretty interesting!
Check out the infographic for the full results.
- A lot of the mailers were inaccurately addressed.
- The most common type of direct mail were old basic envelopes.
- Magazines and shaped mail got more attention.
- Most of our employees have been influenced by direct mail—at some point.
- Yet, the same employees have only ever purchased from a small fraction of the companies that send them direct mail.
Try our predictive platform to learn how you can significantly improve campaign ROI with better consumer targeting.